any advice cheeky chums ? can my premature baby now age 5 months go to the beach ?
yes here are our top 7 tips to bear in mind if you are going to a beach on a sunny day with a young premature baby or babies under 12 months old. With the freaky weather we have been having this last few years a cold rainy summer in the uk may shock us all especially if we have a heat wave like the last few weeks.
- take a mixture of clothes in babies bag you may feel oh its not that hot today so putting baby in a fur coat and blankets galore. but heat isn’t good for babies at all. add some cotton rompers suits spare in babies bag in stead a warm thick clothes. sleeveless vests too.
- don’t forget the sun hat to shield the suns rays of baby’s head.
- always take a bottle of high factor sun cream with you.
- take bottle cooled boiled water in case the heat gets unbearable for baby. instead of packing the baby food formula grab a few bottles baby milk ready made for convenience of unexpected long days out.
- use a pram or car seat sun canopy or a sheet even.
- do not use loads of blankets on a premature baby even at 5 months old if you are hot and bothered they will be too use a couple cotton sheets in stead of a thick baby blanket or two.
- put baby under a tree or in a shaded area. out of direct sunlight and make sure you take baby indoors during the outset hours of the day just after lunch time up to 3pm.