7 tips keeping babies and toddlers safe outside
you find loads of tips about keeping your babies safe inside the home what about the great outdoors. In this weeks news a fresh insight has begun to find a little girl who went missing in 2007 age 4 Madeliene Mcann and when do our babies stop being babies?
- toddlers wander of chat to a neighbour over a fence and if they are next to you the great outdoors is an adventure and can easily slip undetected through an open gate keep gates locked onto main roads.
- don’t leave a baby in a pram outside whilst you quickly nip in a shop.
- starting nursery If you are worried that a nursery doesn’t have enough security measures in place at exits find another one preferably with cctv inoperation.
- stay clear of walking the dog and toddlers near park lakes.
- on holiday if another child befriends yours don’t let them go off, trusting the other child to look after your toddler whilst you sunbathe accidents happen near water.
- how young is too young a lady recently saw three 5-6 year olds go to school on the bus on their own this is asking for an accident to happen or worse.
- teach your children from a young age their name town they live and a contact telephone number.
- don’t let a 3year old or just over have their name put on their t shirts for anyone to see, if a stranger sees it and shouts their name the child will think “oh they know my name they mustn’t be a stranger” and go off with them.